FILM & video
First and 17
The Washington Post's first feature-length documentary film. I was the project creator and cinematographer for the weekly series and the resulting film.
• Official Selection, 2015 AFI Docs film festival
• Multimedia Project of the Year, Associated Press Sports Editors (2014)
• Emmy Award (Chesapeake Bay Chapter), Sports Series (2014)
• Judges' Special Recognition, Documentary Project of the Year category, Pictures of the Year International (POYi) (2014)
• Streaming on Amazon
• “binge-worthy…compelling television” — Sports Illustrated
SHELLEY AND BILL: A LOVE STORY
On the eve of their first Valentine’s Day as a married couple, Shelley Belgard and Bill Ott tell the story of a unique romance that has spanned decades. A Washington Post video based on a story by Ellen McCarthy. It was shown on the Katie Couric Show and on PBS.
• 2014 Edward R. Murrow Award for Feature Reporting
• Vimeo Staff Pick
In a town of predominantly white citizens, three girls are set apart. They are three of Skaneateles, NY’s handful of non-white residents (there are only eleven other kids of color in their high school). The piece asks the question: “What is the experience of being the only person like you that you know?"
Music by Tiago Benzinho (www.TiagoBenzinho.com). Used by permission.